Serving the Greater Cincinnati area and beyond.
About the Firm
Ben started The Bauer Firm with a very basic mission, to combine practical advice with diligent legal counsel to achieve great results for his clients. We believe that we must be good stewards of what we have, that we must plan well for ourselves and our families so that we have an abundance to share with others. Whatever your legal needs, whether you need help with your business, require representation in court, are ready to plan for your family’s future, or are having problems with a tenant or landlord, our goal is to help you navigate the waters of business and life to achieve the success you deserve.
Ben graduated cum laude from Salmon P. Chase College of Law where he served as the Student Articles Editor of the Northern Kentucky Law Review, Editor-in-Chief of the Cultural Heritage and Arts Review, and President of the Transactional Law Practice Group, in addition to participating in the Moot Court Board and receiving the Scribes award for excellence in legal writing. Ben has authored multiple scholarly publications on topics such as real property law, finance, and legal ethics and is a regular public speaker on the topics of asset protection, real estate, and estate planning. Ben is licensed to practice law in the States of Ohio, Florida, and Maine, in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, before the Federal District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, and before the United States Tax Court. He is also a licensed title insurance agent in the State of Ohio. While in law school, Ben took a position with a company that specializes in class action and complex litigation administration services and was involved in the oversight and administration of numerous complex settlements spanning a broad range of subject matter, from toxic exposure and pharmaceutical products liability litigation to federal and state class actions. During that time he had the privilege to serve on the team that managed the World Trade Center Disaster Site Litigation settlement and work with some of the top plaintiffs’ firms in the country.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Ben garnered over a decade of experience in the field of real estate title insurance and escrow, during which time he built and ran a small business for several years. In his spare time, Ben enjoys reading, playing guitar, backpacking, and spending time with his wife, Rebecca, and their two children, Tenoch and Paloma.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Presentation: Putting Up Your Limited Liability Shield, at Get Started, Right Now (Real Estate Investors Association of Greater Cincinnati workshop), January 28, 2017.
- Presentation: Five Things You Should Be Doing to Protect Your Business in 2017, at the general membership meeting of the Real Estate Investors Association of Greater Cincinnati, January 5, 2017.
- Benjamin A. Bauer, Building Your Limited Liability Fortress: Preserving Wealth by Unleashing the Power of the Limited Liability Company (2016).
- Presentation: Basic Asset Protection Strategies, at The Original NoteBuyer Academy, July 28, 2016.
- Jennifer Anglim Kreder & Benjamin A. Bauer, Litigation Financing: Paying Interest, ABA J. Prof. L. (peer reviewed) (2013).
- Jennifer Anglim Kreder & Benjamin A. Bauer, Protecting Property Rights and Unleashing Capital in Art, 2011 Utah L. Rev. 881 (2011).
- Benjamin A. Bauer, Comment, We Don’t Live Here Anymore: A Critical Analysis of Government Responses to the Foreclosure Crisis, 37 N. Ky. L. Rev. 121 (2010).
- Jennifer Anglim Kreder & Benjamin A. Bauer, Just the Facts, Ma’am: SCOTUS Ups the Ante Fifty Years After Conley, Lex Loci (N. Ky. B. Ass’n), Aug. 2009, at 14.
Please remember that particular cases and situations differ, and you should speak to an attorney about your particular legal needs. The content on this website is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice. The rules that govern our practice require us to inform you that this website is an advertisement.
THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT